Seaweed pinch pot

Seaweed pinch pot

Monday, 23 March 2015

hello blog


Long time between posts... much going on in the studio though! 
I've been investigating new cup forms and, well, continuing to put in the hours on the wheel to develop control and ease. One week I'll be hooked on improving my cylinders, another week it might be bowls. Most exciting though is my 'study day' with Shane Kent and a keen group of other clay lovers here in Melbourne. My study focus has been on developing hand-built and thrown bodies of work that investigate tree branches and the negative spaces they capture. I've been playing around with ways of depicting branches on pots for a while but now, guided by Shane's critical eye and knowledge of materials, creative breakthroughs are aplenty!
test tiles with crackle engobe and copper line-work... some vessels drawing on this early testing are in the pipeline

Some wheel work where the investigations during my 'study day' are finding another expression


New cups - not everything has branches on it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment